Live report updates from friends in HK! Will update as and when I get more news!
1) Takki arrived in HK yesterday afternoon (18/01/2006) on Cathay Pacific at about 1300hours.
2) Takki checked into a very expensive hotel which my friend says the cheapest room is about 250,000 yen per night!!!!
(I think it's the hotel that he will be attending the opening ceremony for)
3) Takki was very very yasashii at the airport!!! He was smiling all the way and he acknowledged and smiled at the fans who called his name!!!! He even shook a few lucky fans's hands!!!
4) Takki had dinner
with Jackie Chan yesterday!!!!
5) Takki will meet 30 lucky fans for a private event on board a ship. THIRTY?!!! OMG!!!! How close will these 30 people be to Takki
6) The opening ceremony for the hotel will be at 1300hours.
For pictures of Takki arriving in the HK airport, please go here: Bee&Jan's BBS
Credits: Momo, Karen, Joan, Bee
For HK news article and a picture of Takki in his hotel room, please go here: Takki in HK
Notes of the article:
1) Takki had the interview with the reporter yesterday. He was very polite and friendly. He did not put on any airs at all.
2) Takki will be in HK/Macau for 3 days 2 nights.
3) After the interview yesterday, Takki went to Tsim Tsa Tsui for food.
4) Takki will have a press interview this evening in HK on-board a ship to promote Venus.
Translation of the interview:
Reporter: The new song [Venus] will be sung in 4 differnt languages. Which country's language did you find the most difficult to handle?
Takki: It should be Mandarin.
Reporter: What is your impression of Hong Kong?
Takki: A few years ago, I came to Hong Kong to shoot a dorama. Unfortunately, there was not enough time to stay for long. So I have not been around to see Hong Kong. But I think the food is very delicious in Hong Kong.
Reporter: 2 years ago, you went to a Shaolin temple to practice skills for a TV program. You are very interested in Chinese martial arts skills?
Takki: I myself like Chinese martial arts skills a lot.
On Takki's thoughts of starring in a Hong Kong based movie/film...
Reporter: If you are invited to shoot a Hong Kong action movie/film, do you have the confidence to act in one?
Takki: If there is a chance, of course I will!
Reporter: What do you feel is the difference between Hong Kong actresses and Japanese actresses?
Takki: Just now, in the car on the way from the airport to the hotel, I saw many billboards/advertisements on the facade of buildings. In the billboards/advertisements, I realised that Hong Kong actresses are very pretty. They are very different from the typical Japanese actress's cute image.
Reporter: What do you think of Taiwan's Roy Chiu? He is claimed to be "Taiwan's Hideaki Takiwaza".
Takki: ?? I have never heard of this/him?? (Takki laughs.)
Reporter: He has recently went to Japan to do promotion.
Takki: (Reporter hands Takki a picture of Roy Chiu) Fufufu~~~~ (pointing to the picture) Actually, he looks more like Domoto Koichi right?
Thoughts on a concert tour...
Reporter: Going to Macau to be a special guest for the Grand Emperor Hotel opening ceremony, have you ever been to Macau?
Takki: This is my first time going to Macau.
Reporter: Will you go to the casino to play gambling?
Takki: I want to try. But there might not be enough time. Unfortunately, perhaps next time!
Reporter: Will you be busy when you return to Japan?
Takki: I will have a musical in March and April. The storyline is about Japanese history.
Reporter: For this coming year, what will be the progress for Takitsuba (in terms of singing)?
Takki: I do not know yet. But there will definitely be a Takitsuba concert tour.
Reporter: Any plans on having a concert in Hong Kong?
Takki: I really want to have a concert in Hong Kong. Actually, at every concert (in Japan), there are always Hong Kong and Taiwan fans who come to support.
PS: Pls *DO NOT* post this translation anywhere else without asking me first! Thank you!