Anything For You

Monday, January 31, 2005

1:30 am

Yoshitsune Epi 4 - Starter & Main

Ok, I didnt hear any news about this particular show. I wonder if anyone knew that it had aired. On wed (260105), Syl msged me and kyahhhhhh-ed. Apparently, NHK World was showing a program on Yoshitsune then!!! I was at home watching some other channel on tv and immediately switched to NHK. I panicked as I didnt know that there was a program abt Yoshitsune that night! i wasnt prepared for anything! I mean, there is always a VHS tape in my VCR. But my VCR wasn't switched on and I didnt wana risk missing anything in the show. So I made a spilt second risky decision and stared at the tv screen hoping for the best. If Takki appeared, I was gona STAB & KICK & WHACK myself for being baka and made the wrong decision.

The author of the novel appeared and gave a speech about the taiga.In her opening lines, she MENTIONED sthg abt TAKKI!!! I cant really remember her exact words now. But she said Takki is KAKOII acting as Yoshitsune!!!! I think she was comparing between the ojisan-looking Yoshitsune vs Takki as Yoshitsune. They featured the ojisan-looking Yoshitsune in the background. (In case anyone has not seen the actual picture of Yoshitsune, just run a search for him. Every photo available of him online is exactly the same, same pose and all. It's as though there is only one picture of him in existence. LOL~) And the people in the audience laughed. Of cos u absolutely CANNOT CANNOT compare that ojisan-looking (I am trying not to use the word "ugly" here. *looks sheepishly*) Yoshitsune with Takki!!!! How can ANYONE be compared to Takki??? He's THE ONE (March deshou?? ROFL~~ *thud thud thud*) He's CGI-animated, half-human, half-alien, totally out of this world, ONE of a kind!!! And, I was screaming at the tv at that moment. LOL~ Ok, they did show a small pic of Takki at the bottom of the screen. But I was screaming more at the fact that they DIDNT show Takki's pic. NANDE??? bleah... Takki's pic is DEFINITELY the ONLY choice!!!!

This was wat the program was abt:

Tohoku Dynamics: "Yoshitsune" Forum at Iizaka (JST 23:15-23:58, SGT 22:15-22:58)

Iizaka area in Fukushima, Fukushima Prefecture, is famous for its associations with Tsugunobu Sato and Tadanobu Sato, two brothers who served Minamotono Yoshitsune. Yoshitsune, popular historical figure in Japan who is known to have been an excellent battle commander in the very end of the Heian period will be featured in this year�� Historical Drama Yoshitsune. The program will focus on Yoshitsune Forum held at Iizaka which was participated by actors who appear in the drama and the author of the novel on which the drama is based and will introduce sites in Iizaka related to Yoshitsune.

(Credits of above synopsis to NHK World Premium Website)

I only found this synopsis after I watched the program. But I doubt it would have helped in lessening my panicking. Because it said

The program will focus on Yoshitsune Forum held at Iizaka which was participated by actors who appear in the drama

They didnt mention exactly WHO was gona participate in the forum. LOL~ Anyway, the 2 actors who act as Tsugunobu Sato and Tadanobu Sato were present at the forum. They were talking/discussing about the taiga and this time, the background showed HUGE, n I really mean HUMONGOUS posters of TAKKI!!!! The main poster was of Takki and Shizuka standing together. There was another 2 posters if I remember correctly. But the pic of Takki literally JUMPED out of the screen at me and I grabbed my pillow and screamed into it. (Had to muffle my screams or my mum wld start ranting at me again LOL~) But, oh yea, that was abt it for that program. Unfortunately, I didnt manage to record it. But I know Syl did xDDD so I definitely am getting the tape from her to watch the program more closely. LOL~

Ok, so that was my starter/appetizer for Yoshitsune Episode 4 which just aired a few hrs ago. So, the main course today (Should I gobble cos the "dish" was unbelievably oishii or nibble slowly to savour the taste completely??? LMAO~) was like officially Takki's FIRST FULL Yoshitsune episode!! My nose was practically just an inch away from my computer screen. I was just gaping and staring and concentrating on Takki and Takki alone.

Yoshitsune Episode 4 - Shanaou of Kurama
JST 20:10-20:55, SGT 19:10-19:55, February 5 JST 13:10-13:55, SGT 12:10-12:55 (R); February 6 JST 01:10-01:55, SGT 00:10-00:55 (R)

Takki (Shanaou) appeared from the 'taki' as left off from last week. Shanaou, now knows that Kiyomori is his enemy who killed his real father. He spends time in agony sympathizing with his mother, Tokiwa who once had to become a mistress of Kiyomori. Takki really had this perpetual perplexed taihen expression on his face. One day, Shanaou hears in Kyoto that Kiyomori is ill and he has become a Buddhist priest. Kiyomori was sick lying in bed and the Emperor also came to visit him with various herbs I believe? Sorry but it's really difficult to understand the olden language. I already have problems understanding the normal everyday language. Gomenasai~ Anyway, Shanaou still being unable to hate Kiyomori, tries to find his uncle Shingu Juuro Yukiie in Kyoto to hear more about the Genji clan. On the way, he helps a young woman who is bothered by vicious priests. The woman turns out to be Utsubo, Shanaou�� childhood friend. After returning to Kurama, Shanaou learns military tactics from Kiichi Hogen. Ok, today's episode featured ALOT ALOT of Takki practising his skills in the forest at night. All his moves were so KAKOII!!! Saw his bishi bishi arms and HADAKA Takki with his heavenly droplets of sweat. xDDD I duno how to describe his fighting skills properly. But it was like watching a Chinese sword-fighting show where Takki is the main lead swordsman who defeats EVERYONE with just a couple of swift moves and still looks extremely cool and composed and kakoii. Seriously, wat more can a fangal ask for? Takki was featured in so many different ways in just ONE episode!! He had so many different expressions too! gyahhh....I think mayb if I screencap, I will have a zillion cos I will need to screencap every millisecond that Takki appeared in. When Takki had that taihen look on his face, I cld almost feel his heartache and pain! LOL~ (Pls dont call me crazy yo xDD) When Takki smiled, I was basking in eternal blissness. When Takki was practising his skills in the forest, I was staring at his kakoii-ness with my eyes and mouth wide open! Urgh..... okok, back to the synopsis. Today's episode also featured Benkei's first full appearance. Benkei, a monk warrior from Kyoto, hunts swords from the Heike people to pay old scores against them. He was driven out from the temple that he was in because he was different. Cos Benkei is much bigger sized than the other monks. (I think?) bleah. Gomenasai for my limited language knowledge again. Btw, when I saw Benkei, I was half-picturing him singing and dancing to the samba song. ROFL LMAO~~ *thud thud* Gomen gomen. Sidetrack again. But Benkei definitely looks different and much betta (imho) in taiga costume as opposed to when performing the samba song. Anyway, Shanaou was tested on his fighting skills in the forest by Kiichi Hogen springing a surprise attack on him. Shanaou won and Hogen said that Shanaou has passed his training. He gave him a dagger which I think is considered to be very previous? So, Shanaou returns to Kyoto after finishing his training. He went to his childhood playmates' house and comes to know the real reason why Kiyomori saved the lives of Tokiwa and her three sons. Ok, I was totally lost at this part. Firstly, apart frm feeling heartbroken staring at Shanaou's expression, I cldnt understand wat the woman was saying. But after wat she said, Shanaou looked very troubled, upset and angry. He stormed out of the house. But the woman went after him and asked his childhood friend to pass him the ever-famous kirei translucent veil!! Ahhhh!!! When I saw that, I just KNEW that the bridge scene was going to be shown soon!!! Tanoshimi~~~ That night, a troubled-looking Shanaou was blowing the flute which Tokiwa gave him and walking one-way on Gojo-oohashi Bridge, when Benkei was walking in the opposite direction.... Takki blowing a flute with a veil!!!!! I was speechless at the kirei-ness of that shot :0 HOLY SHEETTT!!!! no words cld describe it!!! Is it humanly possible to look soooooooo GOOD?????? LOL~~ And the episode ENDED!! Gyahhh..... how cld they end with the beginning of the most beautiful scene?!! But i guess this most important Gojo-oohashi Bridge scene is too important. Dakara, they need to end the episode with such a cliffhangar to be continued next week LOL~ Cant wait to see this all-important scene where Shanaou and Benkei fights each other. Shanaou, thou much smaller-sized than Benkei, defeats him with the dagger that Hogen gave him. xDDDD

Tanoshimi~~~ oops, did I go on and on with the supposed gist of tonight's episode? LMAO~ gomen gomen. Cant help myself from going on. Well, sunday 7pm, hayaku!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~

*~Epilogue

::::::::::[loracyn loves Yoshitsune]::::::::

Comments: Post a Comment

Snuffles + Yosho + March + Shuduck
Jenn + Sandy + Fang + Bonnie
Momo + Yvonne + Almondo + Robynne
Serene + Dithers + BeeJan BBS + Yvie

T&T @ Avex + ToBase + Johnnys Net
Zubari Iu Wa Yo + CD Japan + NHK
NHK W + Yoshitsune + TV Weekly Ranking
JPopSuki + D-Addicts






Johnnys Entertainment + TxT Evidence
Idolthoughts + Absolute Baka

loracyn, a totally computer dependent, severely underpaid, extremely bored, sleep deprived OL who lives in that teeny weeny red dot, but dreams of living in "home" and being a full-time web-mistress. She loves Japanese food, but loves and supports ¥¿¥Ä¥­¡¼&Íã even more, such that "priorities" and "logic" are non-existent in her dictionary. She is extremely proud to be a ¥¿¥Ä¥­¡¼&Íã fan and part of YOU-tachi.

Blog host: blogger
Image host: photobucket
Tagboard: tag-board
Information and photos: loracyn
Please credit if you want to post elsewhere
This blog is not related or affiliated to ÂìÂô½¨ÌÀ, º£°æÍã, ¥¿¥Ä¥­¡¼&Íã or Johnny's Entertainment in any way



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from loracyn. Make your own badge here.


02/03 - 27/05 + Takitsuba Spring Tour '07
03/07 - 28/07 + Takizawa Enbujou 2007

02/08 + Utaban
04/08 + Ginchan ga Hashiru
05/08 + Oshareizm
10/08 + MS
11/08 + Meringue no Kimochi (Tsuba)
12/08 + 行列のできる法律相談所 (Tsuba)
13/08 + Sekai Marumie (Tsuba)
13/08 + Hey!x3
18/08 + T&T @ 24Hr TV
22/09 + Asia Song Festival @ Korea


02/28 + Takitsuba Calendar
03/07 + Takitsuba Clips DVD
04/18 + [X-ダメー/Crazy Rainbow]
07/18 + Takizawa Enbujou DVD (2006)
08/08 + [Samurai]

+ Takizawa Enbujou 2007
+ [ONE!] History of Tackey (2006)
+ Takizawa Enbujou (2006)
+ Dream Boy (2004)

+ Romeo & Juliet (2007)
+ Satomi Hakkenden (2006)
+ Yoshitsune (2005)
+ Chichi no Umi, Boku no Sora (2004)
+ Boku dake no Madonna (2003)
+ Antique (2001)
+ ¿´¤ÎÈâ (2001)
+ Speedstar (2001)
+ Strawberry on The Shortcake (2001)
+ ÂÀÍۤε¨Àá (2000)
+ Taiyo wa Shizumanai (2000)
+ Shin Oretachi no Tabi (1999)
+ Majo no Jouken (1999)
+ News no Onna (1998)
+ Dareka ga Dareka ni Koishiteru (1996)
+ Chef (1995)
+ Mokuyou no Kaidan (1995)